Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A futile attempt at catch-up.

Here comes my lame attempt to catch up after the bi-annual chaos that is Hot Loops. I'm sure you read your e-blast (went out yesterday) and read all about the new Hot Loops project ideas. Now I'm going to get you up to speed, in no particular order, on the goings-on of my life and Loops. Numbering will hopefully help me keep it brief. But bear with me, because this is gonna be chock-full o' bloggy goodness.

1. Tulsans, did you see the incredible skyscape this morning? (Yes, Officer, I was taking pictures while driving. Please ignore the warrant that's out for my arrest since my speeding ticket payment was returned to the wrong address):

2. Made the best salad EVER last night. It made me want to eat salad every night (well, maybe salad and chocolate). Click here for the recipe. And be sure to follow it closely - the dressing rocks.

3. Got the newly-printed Juliet and 28thirty patterns from zephyrstyle.com. You can purchase and download these directly from the site, but the printed patterns are very nice and IMHO, worth the price.

4. Received the much-anticipated Mulberry from Louisa Harding. This is 100% silk, the very finest, from the very special Mulberry silkworm. It has a great, tight twist that Louisa sez will NOT pill. Great patterns for this yummy stuff in the new Louisa Harding Summer Classics book. And it is only $15.99 for 136 yards - excellent price for silk.

5. Check out Judy's adorable Noni bag:

And her "Ninjabun" from mochimochiland (available at Loops!):

6. We have decided to keep Sandy. Verrrrrry long story! Basically, for three days the SPCA kept saying they had space to take her back, and then they didn't. Three days of torture for us, three days of PERFECT behavior from her! Since that time, there is still occasional growling, but each day is better. Clearly, from the following pictures, you can tell she is not a vicious beast. Here she is, caught in an illegal lounge on the bed ("but hey, Lucy's doin' it too!")

Sizing each other up:

In her favorite chair - note the natural camouflage - Sandy dog, sandy chair:


7. Confidential to Ingrid: I like you! I really like you!!!

Next time: the first official Loops knitalong!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley, I am sooo glad Sandy is safe in your loving home. I was so worried about how things would work out. I really enjoy your blog and your online store. NC is too far away from your shop! But if I am ever in your area your shop is on my list! Give both pups an extra scratch for me.

April 2, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ninja Bunny!! I love it :)

April 2, 2008 at 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley,
We rescued a dog from Texas - they said he was 9 mo old - turns out he is 3 and completely catonic with fear. But so loving and trying so hard to be normal. I've really related to what you've written about Sandy. It's a good thing you've done - Sandy has a chance. Sonny, our dog has gone from being carried inside to outside and outside to inside to going in and out by himself (took 2 months of very patient love and care). Now he is exhibiting OCD behavior - running in circles - repeating behavior over and over. Doesn't come - really very scared still. But, we're hopeful with patience he'll learn to trust again. It's frustrating but he's in a warm home, 2 great meals, soft blankets (he hides in the corner so we got some sheepskin for him and it's in the corner with his bed- it beats the shelter he was from. So, we're content. Good days, bad days. More good than bad and it's only been 4 months! ;-))

I love your store. I visit as often as possible. Hang in there!

April 2, 2008 at 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley. I'm so glad Sandy is still with you. I felt so bad for you and your family and Sandy when you wrote you were going to have to give her back. When we rescued Sherwood (he's probably Sandy's size) it took me a long time to trust him and a long time for him to trust us. He'd occasionally give warning growls when he wasn't sure what was going on. It's been a long time since he's done that and I no longer worry about him biting me. Sandy probably just needs some time to learn that no matter what loud noises or sudden movements there may be, she won't end up being the one to get hurt.

April 2, 2008 at 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ninja Bun is soooo cute! Anna's patterns are really well written and easy to follow. We have several in the store! Check them out. They even have their own binder. Ellen

April 3, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelley - I too am glad you are "holding on" to Sandy. For what it's worth, 13 years ago a 3 month old puppy came into our lives - straight off of Peoria.. Anyway, we lost him from cancer last July. As an adolescent he was an absolute terror and I frantically called my husband at work one day to tell him we're going to have to put Jake down, because he was getting out of the fence and chasing people who walked by our house, and LOTS of other awful postal-related things. Anyway, he grew out of himself after a couple of years (yes, years) and after a lot of love and education by the sweetest dog tutor ever, Jake became the most beloved sweetie ever! We miss him every day. There is hope for Sandy. I know it's bad, I saw the pictures, but hang in there if you can.

April 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 3, 2008 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hope Sandy works out. What about a corner that can be made "hers"? Train the kids to go by it and let Sandy come out when she wants to?

I was in Tulsa last Saturday for the Agilities but we stayed too late to come by the store. From what I hear that was probably good for my bank account...

April 4, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home