Wednesday, December 9, 2009

LMKG #9: Fetching.

I may be the last person in the knitting universe to make this pattern. "Fetching" is the #1 most popular pattern on ravelry.com - it has been for as long as I can remember. And now I know why! It is fun, uses very little yarn (around 100 yards - one skein in most yarns), is fast and easy, and has a genious way of dealing with the thumb gusset.

I made mine from Alchemy Temple, one of my favorite yarns in our store (colorway "Green Plum"). It's a spring-y hand-dyed merino that gives a rich and varied result, even in the semi-solid yarns. This awesome green is for my tomboy girl - I know she's going to love them. And the great thing about the Temple is it will stretch to fit most any hand, from a kid to a big burly dude. Although, some burly dudes might find Fetching a bit, well, fetching. In which case there is also Dashing, another free pattern by the same brilliant designer, Cheryl Niamath.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

You inspired me Saturday morning. I'm casting on for a pair for my sister in about 10 minutes now. Temple is quickly becoming one of my favorite yarns, too. And it's machine washable!

December 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

nope - i'm the last one - it's been in my queue for a long time. Maybe i need to come up and get some cool yarn to try the pattern out on...

December 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home