Saturday, April 19, 2008

Oh, the humanity.

If you were at Loops from 2-3pm yesterday, you know I have a cold. I sound like Demi Moore meets Brenda Vaccaro meets Al Pacino ("HOOWAH!"). I wasn't going to be able to keep my germiness on the down-low, with my voice and coughing, so I had to go back home and...rest?

No! Why rest, when you can take a bunch of 12-year-olds out to a Mexican restaurant and then to play video games and then for a sleepover? Hey, it was our oldest's birthday, whaddrya gonna do?

For those who haven't had the pleasure, here's what kids look like after chips, salsa, five gallons of pop (the evil waitress kept refilling) and an hour at an arcade:

Billie Anne and her husband, Mike, came along to keep an eye on Ian (no need, he was perfectly behaved as always), but joy of joys, they brought little Lily, who I hadn't seen in about a month:

Brent, the self-proclaimed night owl, was supposed to take the evening shift with the kiddos. But Brent has the same cold as me and, as everyone knows, the husband's cold is ALWAYS far more deadly, dangerous and miserable than the wife's cold. Ahem. So he was comatose from 9pm on.

(Yawn! Cough!) Anyway, during my hour at the store, I managed to snap some pics of new items that have arrived. We got 5 new colors of Kureyon Sock yarn, so now I think we have most all of the colors in stock:

And Ingrid was flipping 'cause the new HiyaHiya stainless steel double-points we ordered at January market finally arrived, as well as the size 1's in the funky little 9" bamboo circulars. These little guys make knitting socks a breeze (at least until you get to the heel and toe).

My favorite new arrival was a surprise sample garment in the yummy new Pima Fresca yarn.

It comes from a darling new baby book that features Queensland yarns - some we have, some we don't, but all are easy to substitute and all are "a-DOR-able" in the words of Gina Y. Expecting mom Kristin already snapped one up, and we only have 5 left, but I'm sure to be ordering more. The hoody set takes only 1 skein each of two colors in Pima Fresca, which you can buy in our online store - click here to see colors.

Off to tend to the hubby and clean up the frosting on the ceiling.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures/patterns in the baby book are great. A must buy.

April 20, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - I'm working on the one called "Cherry," though I'm using coral and purple instead of coral and emerald yarn.

Billie Anne

April 21, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home