Monday, April 7, 2008

Yellow again, yellow.

I'm singing Lionel Ritchie in my mind (the David Cook version, of course) because we have two more HOT yellow projects in the house! The Gisela cardi from cocoknits.com is rockin' the Loops crowd! Seems like all the Loops Troops and customers are making this very hip, online pattern (available to download at their site for $6):

For yarn, most people are using Alchemy Silken Straw - yes, it's luxury 100% silk but the pattern only takes 4 skeins. We even have a knitalong going for this one, too - if you're on Ravelry, check the loopalicious group.

The pattern goes very fast. But even faster was Terrie. She had been working on a design for a longer, wide-collared, crossover jacket using linen. When she saw everyone working up Giselas in Silken Straw, she was inspired to loom up her own design in the Straw. She went home that night and came in the next day, wearing this:


Terrie is a whiz on the knitting machine and whipped this puppy out with 5 skeins of Silken Straw in a couple of hours! I don't know whether to be awed or nauseous. Maybe a little of both. But the gorgeousness is undeniable. P.S. Did you see that she had sunglasses to match? Which by the way, she already owned? I feel like such a Target shopper in comparison.

Our other yellow fellow is from the fabulous Paula (who first discovered Gisela - Paula, you little trendsetter, you - no wonder you used to date a rockstar.) This is Glampyre's famous Boobholder (Paula hates this name and calls it a top-down mini cardigan.) She has made several, but this is my fave. She made some modifications - a smaller diameter and shorter, puffier sleeves. Very couture, Paula!

Paula plans to teach this sweater in May. Keep an eye out for our May class list, coming out around April 15!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm in love with that last sweater. And Shelly... can you PLEASE give tips on traveling with your knitting? I am flying next weekend and want to bring my knitting with me... any suggestions on the rules/regulations?

Steph

April 7, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

According to the FAA, you can bring anything except extremely sharp scissors (even those were recently ok'd, but I bring my curved-edge manicure scissors just to be safe after they confiscated my $40 creative memories scissors a few years ago). Double-points, circulars, metal - anything goes. But it never hurts to bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope in case of an overzealous security employee or if you're traveling to Afghanistan ;-)

April 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that name too, Paula! -e

April 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paula is my fashion goddess...I think we should rename her Tim Gunn.
Ellen

April 8, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home