Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Apple for the teacher.

It will be several weeks before my kids are all back in school. Sadly, our babysitters have all returned to college and/or high school. And, adding to the joy of working at home without childcare, our electronic babysitter, i.e. cable TV is not working. So, rather than pull my hair out, run around in circles or scream and cry, I decided to do something constructive:


I recognize that this might possibly fall into the category of crocheted toilet paper covers, or end up on one of those horrifying websites like What Not to Knit. BUT it is useful - it prevents the apple from bruising in the teacher's lunchbox. And let's face it: What teacher wouldn't remember the child that brings them a Koigu Apple Cozy?

Click here for the pattern which is free, easy, takes about an hour and uses about half a skein of DK yarn. Just don't make one if your child is in the same class as mine. I want mine to be the only stupid-a%% apple protector sitting on their teachers' desks ;-)

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

P.S. Click on the pattern even if you're not making one, just to see the "banana protector," which looks more like something they should be selling in an adult bookstore!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! As a teacher myself I had been considering asking my fashionable LYS owner about a class for this, but thought she'd think it was too stupid. Still love it, and plan to make a few to send to school:-)

Won't be needing a banana thingy; bought banana boxes for my peeps in Japan! Nobody likes a squashed banana... -e

August 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! Didn't read the title ... thought it was a Christmas ornament! :)

August 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brought this picture into your store in May and asked your gals to help me find a pattern and sadly no one could - thanks for posting!!

August 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Sadly I agree about the adult bookstore - may make for my daughter and son-in-law for stocking stuffers for Christmas. Daughter is a teacher and her hubby works for APS(Albuerque Public Schools), also. Thanks for the link

August 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home