Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cardboard Jungle.

I call it "warehousing." Yesterday, I put on my grubbies and headed to the storeroom to take on the mountain of corrugated cardboard that had come dangerously close to the ceiling. Karl the Magnificent UPS guy has been earning his keep, loading us up with boxes of glorious fall yarn orders.

There was one order from Plymouth that was just shy of 300 pounds. Folks, thatsa lotta yarn.

After a four hour "boxing" workout that rivals anything Denise Austin can dish out, I had some semblance of order. In my exhausted state, I managed to snap a few photos from the new Crystal Palace shipment. My favorite is Panda Silk, a sock weight bamboo-merino-silk blend. Mmmmmmm...

Crystal Palace has great free pattern support on their website, straw.com. In Panda Silk, check out the Silken Ease Scarf and Ribbon Socks.

We also got Panda Cotton, a sock weight bamboo-cotton-elastic that's a great choice for all those whiny people on your holiday gift list who say they can't wear wool. Waaaaaaaaahh...(only kidding folks, you know I'm allergic to mohair):


And I love the new colors of Taos, the worsted weight wool in the prettiest striated colourways. It's very soft and felts great, too. I found this cute new hat pattern on the site. Takes just one ball. Pick your favorite color and GO!


Got a bambino to knit for? You can't miss with Puffin. This fleece yarn is so soft and squishy, it's like a "wubbie" in a ball. Make an easy blanket or - ohmygosh - look at this Baby Toddler Hoodie Pattern. The cuteness runneth over.


We may actually catch up with the cardboard today, if Karl spares us. Please, Karl, have mercy! My biceps need a break!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was hard to let go of that Panda Silk as I was selling some on Wednesday! It was to die for. Is there any left??? Calling all Karls, calling all Karls... -e

August 15, 2008 at 4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great! You can "feel" fall in the air at Loops. I am all inspired with new things I want to knit this fall so I'm finishing my unfinished projects to make room for my new ones.

August 15, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home