Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ariosa tease.

Ooooh, I was so excited. I got one of Classic Elite's wonderful emails where they often include free patterns. Usually, the pattern is awesome - I particularly love Cecily's patterns, and the Daisy Chapeau from in MinnowMerino from Jil Eaton was adorable.

So imagine my ecstasy when I saw that this week's pattern is in Ariosa, the yummy new chunky weight that we ordered in large quantity...but which is slightly under-represented in the new pattern books for fall.

Then, I opened up the pattern and took a look:


Welllll.....

On the bright side, Ariosa is the same gauge as Karabella Margrite Bulky, making it ideal for our best-selling 3-Way Wrap.

And I've also stashed some Ariosa to do SweaterBabe's Vine Lace Top-Down Cardigan:


See, when yarn is involved, there's always a bright side.

- Shelley

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Blondie Knits said...

Yeah, I don't think many people will be knitting that hat, unless they have lots of friends in the jester community.

September 24, 2008 at 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ariosa is a bulky?! That is good to know! I have a book of hats that uses mostly bulky yarns.

September 25, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Ellen S said...

I LOVE that bulky sweater!! Not another project in my que!
Ellen

September 29, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home