Friday, December 11, 2009

LMKG #10 and 11: A pair of elegant capelets.

This one is for the overachievers among you.

You know who you are.

Right now, you're caught up on your holiday knitting and wondering how many more people you can knit for by Christmas.

So whipping up this Red Cabled Capelet by Bernadett Ambergen should be no problem. After all, it calls for bulky yarn (Baby Alpaca Grande Handpaint or our new Misti Alpaca would be perfect). And only 4 skeins. No problemo!



By the way, Bernadette (bernioli on ravelry.com) also designs costumes for circus performers. I don't know about you, but right now, my life feels like a circus! When I have a bit more time, I'm going to make her Elegant Grey Knitted Capelet:


For the Grey Capelet, I'll probably use Berroco Pure Merino.

See all of Bernadette's patterns, which can be purchased for instant download, here in her Etsy shop.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Blogger binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Dang! And we thought the shawl pins at Loops could kill! And is that a shower curtain hanger thingy on the second one?? How creative is that??


VERY pretty colors on that top one. And I love the second one's style. All frothy and ruffly looking. A smaller version would be cool sticking out of a winter coat.

Love 'em!

December 11, 2009 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.M.G. I love this shawl/capelet. I'm so there. Flat gorgeous and with an all black ensemble it would be STUNNING! I'm in luuuuuve. Seriously LoopsLady you have to stop these temptations. I'm going to have to quit my job to keep up with the projects I have lined up. Brenda Finkle

December 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE both of them - they would be great layering pieces at work....

December 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home