Monday, July 12, 2010

Too much of a good thing? Nahhh...

There's no hiding it; I'm a sucker for silk. Last year, when a rep showed me the Tupa yarn from Mirasol, I immediately ordered it. The colors were so saturated. The 50/50 merino/silk blend was so rich and, well, silky. And the stitch definition? Fab, fab, fab!


So enthralled was I that I temporarily "spaced" the fact that we already stock two yarns that are much the same as Tupa: Malabrigo Silky Merino and Louisa Harding Grace. Same content. Same gauge. Same silkiness.

Oh well, the more the merrier, right?

So when Annie forwarded this great new Wakefield Scarf pattern from Melissa LaBarre at Knitting Daily, and asked me if we were going to keep stocking Tupa, I said "No worries!" We've got merino/silk out the ying-yang.



Here's a link to the free pattern (you need to be a member of Knitting Daily to access the pattern, but membership is free). It takes three skeins of Tupa, or three skeins of Silky Merino, or four skeins of Grace, plus a size 7 needle.

They say the pattern is "hypnotic" to knit and you can easily double it to make a wrap. The silk makes it seasonless and not too wooly for poolside knitting.

Cast on and enjoy the fruits of my silk addiction!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home