Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Anyone can be a hat girl.

I've never thought of myself as much of a hat girl. I always feel slightly over-dramatic wearing one, unless I'm in New York City at Christmastime and it's, like, three degrees with blizzard conditions.

But this slouchy beret craze has finally gotten to me. And to be honest, I've been kinda burned out on the stockinette stitch. After I finished the Golden Vintage Cardigan in Pear Tree Supersoft 8-Ply:


...and the black capelet in Bergere Merinos:


...it was time for a small, exciting project. I found just the ticket in Ysolda Teague's Rose Red beret. The pattern was perfectly written, with line-by-line instructions, and enough interest to keep things juicy without crossing my eyes. I could still watch TV (on most of the rows) while knitting.

Plus, I got to dive into our Bergere Origins Alpaga yarn. This stuff is amazing. It's a single ply alpaca-merino blend - I've felt a lot of these blends over the years – but this one takes the cake. It held the stitch definition but delivered unbelievably cushy softness at the same time. I barely went into the third skein to make the size medium.


This was done in just a few days. And the result? A hat photo I'm not ashamed to share!


Hooray for hats! Maybe you, too, should search for your inner Hat Girl.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Blogger acfpagan said...

Super cute hat, Shelley! I miss you all! There is (what I think are) alpacas near my house and I think about you all everytime I pass them! :)

December 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home