Monday, October 6, 2008

Blogger, wherefore art thou?

Forgive me, fellow bloggers, for I have sinned. It has been 13 days since my last blog.

I wish I had a good excuse. It’s just the usual crazy-busy life. But you deserve better, faithful reader! So, to help get myself back on track, I’m committing, right here, right now, to blog every other day for the next week! Here are my planned topics:

• Adopt a yarn
• The Sandy Report
• Shiborigasm
• Contest!

Ooh…ooh…can you feel the excitement building? Okay, maybe not. But for today, let’s start with my current WIP, which has the dual honor of being (a) the smallest sweater I’ve ever knit, and (b) the most expensive sweater I’ve ever knit.

Now, with regard to (a), it’s not that I’ve lost weight and am now knitting a smaller size. No sirree bob. It’s just that, with regard to (b), this yarn is so very precious that I went looking for the shortest little sweater I could make and still call it a garment.

This is Tanglewood Fiber Creations, hand-spun, hand-dyed cashmere/silk in – well, it doesn’t really have a name. Trish wanted to dye up a red, but this came out so close to their mega-popular “Newport Rocks” color, they decided to scrap it. So of course, I had to buy her two remaining skeins, and then she threw in an extra ball, just to be extra nice! So I went searching for a mini-mini-sweater and found a free ravelry pattern called Catherine's Mini Cardi.

This pattern is designed to use two skeins of Tilli Tomas silk (you could also use Louisa Harding Grace or Mulberry, probably – but might need an extra skein depending on yardage). I think I’ll have to make another one in silk because this is the most fun little top-down knit I’ve ever done!

Of course, I have to use up Every Scrap of this precious yarn, so I’m adding a hood, adapted from a new Noni pattern, “One cute hoodie.” (Didja know that Noni’s new fall collection includes garments, including great hoodies for the whole fam, and some adorable coats?).

This may be genius, or it may just be dorky. The yarn feels so dang good to knit with, I honestly don’t care. And anyway, if it’s dorky, there’s always the contest to keep you intrigued. Sometime later this week. Mwah-ha-ha-ha…

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennimac said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I love contests! I missed your blogs!=)

October 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Love the sweater! It's for you!? Great stuff! Trish

October 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting little things? Long time between blogs. You aren't trying to tell me something, are you?

Dad

October 7, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm so glad you're going to blog more! I love, love, love reading the blog!

October 7, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm really excited that you are going to resume blogging more regularly. I thoroughly enjoy - love, love, love reading your blog!

October 7, 2008 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Shelley Brander said...

Um, Dad, since my DH has been "fixed" allow me to dispel your attempt to start a vicious rumor that could otherwise cause WWIII. No "little knitters" on the way, here.

October 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home