Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloweenie.

I stayed home on Halloween while my DH took my three little scare-monsters trick or treating.

The youngest was "treated" to face painters at her school on Friday, and came home with make-up to go with her outfit, the "Cheerless Leader."

Move over, Joker. This chick was seriously scary. Even as I was washing off the makeup in the bathtub after, I kept getting creeped out. Honestly, I think she even crept herself out a little.

I stayed home and watched "100 scariest movie moments" on Bravo. Big mistake. When our doorbell rang (a whopping two times!) I jumped right out of my skin and nearly stabbed myself with my size 7 Lantern Moons, which I was using to start on this Campus Scarf from the book "Scarf Style" in Kathmandu Aran Tweed (love this soft, tweedy, cashmere-silky stuff!):


What a wuss I have become.

And yet, I was not such a HalloWeenie when it came to tackling this scarf, the "Scarf de Triumphe" in Alchemy "Sanctuary" and "Pagoda" from the book "Shibori Knits."

Sorry for the cruddy pics - Daylight Savings Time stole all my natural light. It's done with two colors of Sanctuary in intarsia, but as intarsia projects go, it wasn't too bad. And I really adored working with the merino/silk blend - such an improvement over the average scratchy felting yarns. I am in love with the final, felted project - especially the i-cord fringe that felted right along with/on the scarf!

And finally, in keeping with the costume theme, some great shots of Dave and Teri of Ozark Handspun, who visited us last Thursday and showered us with mohair and wool:


You can find these free patterns and many more on the Ozark Handspun site. Lots of great holiday gift ideas in there, many of which use just one skein. We were especially excited about their new "Companion" yarn, a merino/mohair smooth yarn that's hand-dyed to match the handspun colors. We're expecting a shipment of Companion this week!
And here's Coral, being anything BUT a HalloWeenie as she daringly models this Handspun hat:

You wear it well, Coral!

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home