Thursday, October 9, 2008

The backrub sweater.

This is fast becoming my favorite sweater, ever. I wore it at the store today and everyone who saw me, even Sherry the Anti-Hugger, could not resist running their hands over my back to feel the luscious cashmere/silk that is only Tanglewood. It was like getting free massages all day. So I have decided to dub it "The Backrub Sweater."

In the photo, I have added buttons but have not yet added crocheted loops to hook them through. I do, however, adore these buttons, which are sort of a little-known secret at Loops. They are made of natural Tagua Nut, and the really cool thing is they are Stackable. I added the little bars to the "slices." You can mix and match the colors to create a custom look (we have lots of other colors, and ovals, too). Pretty irresistible.

Right after I sewed them on, I discovered that the new shawl closures and "afterthought buttons" from our newest local artisan, Kay, had arrived. Kay is a metalsmither who disliked the way that most pins and buttons were too heavy and dragged on her knitted items. So she invented these yarn-bead-and-sterling-silver creations that are super-light and so eye-catching.


The price on these is really reasonable for all the handwork that goes into them - $15.99 for the button sets and $22.99 for the shawl pins (really they're not pins, though - the wires twirl through the fabric rather than pinning through - another plus!).

The price on the Tanglewood, not so reasonable...this mini sweater was over $200 to make. But I guarantee you this yarn will never sit at the bottom of your stash pile. It WILL get knitted and worn. And the backrubs? Priceless.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your "backrub sweater" :)

October 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger bschlot said...

Great sweater! Look forward to trying that one. When will November classes be posted? I hope to be in Tulsa the weekend of the 8th & 9th.

October 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely. Your smallest and most expensive sweater. More proof that "Good things come in small packages."

October 12, 2008 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to see Sam and the gang when I next come back. You should see the Shoulder Candy, and now I'm knitting a Pi Shawl! It was so much fun in Tulsa, thanks again for the lovely time, see you soon! Trish

October 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Your backrub sweater came out gorgeous!

October 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home