Sunday, December 13, 2009

LMKG #13: Wham Bam.

Big props go to Susan Chang for this brilliant idea, and to Kathy D. for bringing it to our attention.

We're all busy making Christmas Cowls 'til the cowls come home. But if you grow weary of manufacturing the same cowl over and over like a living knitting machine, try this simple little twist on the theme.


This is really just a rectangle that's folded and seamed off-kilter. It takes only 100 yards of super-bulky yarn like Twinkle Soft Chunky or Blue Sky Bulky. And the very best part is the uproarious name:

Wham Bam Thank-You Lamb.

Susan says on her blog, insaknitty, "Who knew this little design of mine would generate over 1000 ravelry projects in just one year? So exciting! And kind of amazing too, considering it's probably the most brainless thing I've ever made."

I say, brainless + great name = genius!

The free ravelry download is available here.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

2 Comments:

Blogger gilded raspberry said...

I've always liked the look of Tudora but thought it was a little stuffy for me. This is PERFECT...I wish I'd clicked on the link earlier tonight and I might already have it finished! :) Oh well, this weekend is soon enough.

December 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger gilded raspberry said...

I've always liked the style of Tudora but thought it was a little fussy for me. This is a perfect alternative! I only wish I'd clicked on the link earlier in the evening...it might be done by now. :)

December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home