Thursday, July 15, 2010

It takes a (constructive) village.

Since I've been teasing everyone with little tidbits about the new South Loops location (and I've seen lots of you trying to peek in the windows, when I've been there painting and schlepping stuff around), I thought I would build this tease around the folks who've been so busy making it all happen.

You can try to get a few glimpses of what's going on in the background...but for the full picture, you'll have to wait for our opening day, August 6!

Meet Chris, the electrician. He's fond of classic rock, has a booming voice and is always smiling:


Here's Phillip, the painter, capable of painting huge walls with 14-foot ceilings in a single bound. Phillip is very proud of his work (as he should be) and has been policing the joint to be sure that the rest of the crew leaves no handprints behind.


Philip's colleague, in a photo that speaks volumes about work ethic (and reminds me of a couple of unfortunate events back in college):


Norm, the millwork magician, who created the cashwrap desk of our dreams (I always have to yell "Norm!" in Cheers fashion when he walks in; I can't help myself):



Dave, the mastermind behind it all, the puppeteer deftly handling an endless list of subcontractors, not to mention yours truly, always with the calm demeanor that only a former military man can muster:


We've also met Alto, our South UPS guy, who has very big shoes to fill since we love Karl from the Utica store so very much. But Alto seems ready for the challenge! (I want to ask if he has a daughter named Mezzo or Soprano but I've resisted):



And here's Harriet, occupying herself while waiting for Alto to arrive with the day's shipment of yummy, gorgeous, irresistible yarns and other goodies. Although her eyes are closed in the photo, she's gotten a real eyeful behind the curtain. But don't try to pry it out of her. She's sworn to secrecy.


Want more details about the coming opening and Grand Opening events? Watch for the next issue of Loops Scoop, arriving in your email within the next 24 hours.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It all looks wonderful! And what a lovely crew you have to help. Wish I didn't live over 700 miles away.

July 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger bridgetgo said...

I can't wait for it to open! So exciting! I think it's awesome you are giving credit where it's due to these hard working folks. Can't wait to visit! (Next....an Owasso location, hint...hint!)

July 15, 2010 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So excited about Loops South! Signing up for some classes soon!

July 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home