Monday, December 8, 2008

Two heads are better than one.

Good news: I got my first Christmas present completed.

Bad news: It doesn't quite fit.

Good news: this Sock Monkey Hat can still do double-duty as a store sample and an occasional hat for Lily, Billie Anne's stoic little Mini Me:

Bad news: Urgh. I mean, I'm happy to be generous and all, but Urgh. I've gotta knit another hat.

Good news: the hat is a free pattern online. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in off-white and silver, held together for the marled-looking parts, and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky for the solid cream and red parts. This was a rather pricey way to go, but the hat is really soft AND washable, and I've got plenty of Superchunky to make several more hats. But the next one will be a Large.

- Shelley
shop online at loopsknitting.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your monkey hat...how many skeins did it take total of the white and grey? Also, what pattern is the darling pink poncho on the beautiful little girl? I'd love to order it....thanks...Kathie

December 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home